I’m now in week 3 of the 4-week Cleanse 28 from Arise & Shine – the Power Phase. Peter says I look glowing (yay!) and I’ve now lost a total of 5½ kilos. I’m finding that I’m full of energy – and definitely more clear-thinking. When I get tired at the end of the day, I’m really tired (which is how it should be, I guess) so I’m sleeping incredibly deeply.
On this week’s the schedule, I’m having 4 shakes throughout the day and veggie juices and lunch. (Next week will just be shakes and veggie juices.)
What’s still amazing to me is just how do-able this all is. It sounds daunting and yet I’m not finding it too difficult to do. One of the things that’s lovely about following a diet like this is how much you start to appreciate the taste of the food you eat. Without any seasoning, sauces or other ingredients, you start to really appreciate the pure, natural taste of the fruit and veggies. I remember when I did this detox before, I had just bought a fantastic new saucepan that had a very heavy base. I cooked some veggies in it over a very, very low heat and they steamed very gently in their own juice. This method brought out the sweetness of those veggies and made them utterly delicious. I’ve been doing this again this time, and I’ve also been having a lot of steamed veggies, too. My favourite, I’ve decided, is definitely broccoli – and the combination of beetroot, carrot, broccoli and spinach is awesome!
* gluten-free, dairy-free, yeast-free, soya-free, egg-free, nut-free, seed-free, citrus-free
- 3 beetroots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into large batons or slices
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into large florets
- 200g/7oz baby-leaf spinach
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Put the beetroots in a steamer and steam, covered, over a high heat for 5 minutes. Add the carrots and steam for another 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and steam for another 2 minutes, then add the spinach and steam for 1–2 minutes until wilted. By now, all the vegetables should be cooked but still either firm or crunchy. Serve hot with a little oil drizzled over.
Hi there, I am about to do this diet for a detox and after a week I go on another called eating to your blood type. I did something similar before but instead of steamed veges it was vege juice and fruit juice only and worked really well. I have been doing it for IVF.
With the ingredients is all that for just one meal? it seems like a lot? and do you do that twice a day?
My day starts off with a apple, juice from the steamed veges and water then a hour later I have a cup of brown rice and steamed veges for lunch and Dinner
Hi Diana, Lovely to hear from you and best of luck with all of this. I was doing a diet where I was generally not having any carbs like rice, so I was eating a lot of veggies! So yes, this is quite a lot – it fills a pasta bowl – so you might want to do just half of the quantities if you’re having rice, too. Let me know how you get on, will you? I hope it’s all successful. All best, Grace