Back into Everyday Life, back from Christmas holidays and New Year celebrations, this is a really simple soup to soothe you. Full of betacarotene and vitamin B6 from the carrots and sweet potatoes, to help boost your immune system and your mood. The sweetness of the carrots and sweet potatoes are deepened by roasting and there’s miso paste to intensify the flavours. Sprinkle with seeds and coriander, or, if you like, add fiery chilli flakes to give some spicy heat.
Easy Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Carrot & Sweet Potato Soup
This recipe is super simple!
Author: Grace Cheetham
Recipe type: Lunch
Cuisine: Easy British
Serves: Serves 6
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1kg carrots, peeled and chopped into large pieces
- 750g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into large pieces
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large tbsp miso paste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- almond milk
- 2 handfuls pumpkin seeds
- 2 large handfuls coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Put the vegetables on to a baking tray and drizzle over the oil. Roast for 30 mins and remove from the oven.
- Put the roasted ingredients into a blender or food processor and pour in 125ml boiling water. Add the miso paste and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and add a little more water if you'd like the soup less thick.
- Serve hot with a little almond milk poured in and pumpkin seeds, and coriander leaves scattered over.
Leave a Reply