A thick, creamy pate – without any dairy! If you can, use organic smoked salmon for this recipe, and preferably one which isn’t too salty. Not only will this be much healthier but the pâté will taste much, much better. Try this with corn bread or any other gluten-free, dairy-free bread.
* gluten-free, dairy-free, yeast-free, egg-free, seed-free
Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Smoked Salmon Pate
Author: Grace Cheetham
Recipe type: Lunches
- 250g/9oz smoked salmon
- 125g/4oz silken tofu
- 1 tbsp sugar-free soya or nut milk
- juice of ½ lemon
- a handful dill, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and blend briefly using a hand-held electric blender to form a coarse paste. Alternatively, blend all the ingredients in a liquidizer or food processor.
- Serve spread thickly on slices of gluten-free , dairy-free bread and topped with dill or put in a container for a lunchbox.
- Variation: For an Asian-style pâté, replace the milk, lemon, dill and pepper with ½–1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, 1cm/ ½in piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped, 1 large garlic clove, crushed, and the juice of 1 lime.
Leave a Reply