I’d read various recipes for Strawberry Soup and had always wanted to try one. So I experimented yesterday using balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, agave syrup and soya yogurt with the strawberries, and then added some mint. It was good but I thought I could get richer, sweeter tastes if I baked the strawberries and balsamic vinegar. So I remade it and here’s the result. It’s unusual but great. Serve it as a starter – and enjoy the rich, sweet/sour tastes exploding in your mouth.
* gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, seed-free
- 800g/1lb 2oz strawberries, hulled
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 small handful mint leaves
- 250ml/9fl oz/1 cup soya yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Put the strawberries on a baking tray and drizzle the vinegar over. Bake for 20 minutes until tender.
- Put in a blender or liquidiser and add the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth, pour into a serving bowl and leave to chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.